FB HEADER

Search The Rusted Garden Journal: Just Enter a Key Word or Phrase

Thursday, July 3, 2014

How to Build a 6 foot Cucumber and Vegetable Trellis in 10 minutes for $15: Grow Vertically

How to Build a 6 foot Cucumber and Vegetable Trellis 
in 10 minutes for $15: Grow Vertically


Cucumbers and other vine vegetables can be grown vertically. It really can save a lot of valuable space. Instead of having just 1 or 2 vines take up my 2 feet x 6 feet space... I can get 6 or 8 vines in that space. That is a lot more delicious vegetables I get to eat or share.  I show you how to buy pre-made parts and assemble them in under 10 minutes. No screws, nails or bolts. It is held together with string.

The other benefit of growing things like cucumbers, pole beans, squash and melons vertically is disease and pest management. Vines that are off the ground have a lower risk of getting pest and disease. Perhaps more importantly it is much easier to spray them when you grow them up a large trellis. It is easier to spray the underside and top sides of leaves when treating disease and/or inspect them for pests.

This video shows you the supplies, my small space and how to assemble a 6 foot cucumber and vegetable trellis in 10 minutes for about $15.




Join My New YouTube Channel Just for NEW Gardeners: My First Vegetable Garden

Join My Google+ Community Our Tomato and Vegetable Gardens (2500+ Members!)
250 HD Short and to Point Garden Videos: My YouTube Video Gardening Channel
Follow and Organize The Rusted Garden on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visit The Rusted Garden's YouTube Video Channel
Follow The Rusted Garden on Pinterest